Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm on a roll

So...last week I injured my spine, but this week I started strong on Monday with 45 mins. of spinning.  
Tuesday, I lifted.
leg extensions- 3/15, 45 lbs.
abductors- 3/15, 50 lbs.
abbductors- 3/15, 40 lbs.
squats- 3/15, 50 lbs.
overhead pulldowns- 3/15, 50 lbs.
bicep curls- 3/25  not sure the weight of the bar, but most likely 20 lbs., my arms are hurting today!
V-sit ups- 3/25
chest flys- 3/15, 30 lbs.

Today I did an hour of spinning.  My shirt is soaked!

I was talking to my boss today (he lifts regularly) and I asked him if 2 days lifting and 5 days of cardio was good.  He told me I shoul let my body rest completely at least 2 days a week.  He told me about this thing called Hypertrophy.  Basically, I have to make sure I switch up my lifting routine very often and take only very short breaks between sets.  Because the body gets used to things fast and then I'll no longer build muscle.  So I'm gonna come up with a few different routines and rotate them regularly to keep my body always guessing!  I plan to lift again tomorrow (hopefully in the morning if I get it together) then I'll take off Friday and Saturday or Sunday.

No comments: